5 Tips to Fuel Your Workout With Nutrition0
5 Tips to Fuel Your Workout With Nutrition As you know, exercise places many demands on your body. Giving your body the fuel it needs can enhance your workout and your health. Here are some simple tips that can help you maximize your workout with proper nutrition.
- Avoid drinking your calories. Drink water instead. Sugary drinks and artificial sweeteners are unhealthy. Water is a better option to keep you healthy, hydrated and energized. For ways to add flavor naturally, consider slices of lemon, orange or cucumber.
- Enhance your performance with a light meal before working out. Exercising on an empty stomach can prevent you from being able to work out as long or as hard. Fueling up with complex carbohydrates will give your body an endurance boost and increase your performance. Whole grain cereals and breads are good options for fueling up prior to a workout.
- Continue to replenish your body after your workout. A post workout nutrition shake or smoothie can help with muscle recovery and repair. Smoothies and shakes made with fresh fruits and/or veggies and proteins such as whey, nuts and/or almond milk can give your body the proper nutrients it needs to recover from your workout and keep you going throughout the day.
- Boost you daily nutritional intake with superfoods. Add nutrient-dense foods — superfoods — to your daily diet. Superfoods are rich in antioxidants, minerals and nutrients. They provide valuable health benefits and can help prevent disease. Spinach, chia seeds, eggs, avocados, blueberries, acai berries, almonds and beans are a few examples of superfoods.
- Eat more whole foods and less processed foods. You may be surprised by what is in some of your favorite processed and packaged foods. Processed and packaged foods often have lower nutritional value along with unhealthy ingredients and/or additives. Whole foods are foods that remain in their natural form such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Whole foods offer superior nutrition and contain no unhealthy additives making them a healthier choice.
With proper fuel, your body will be energized and perform better. You will feel healthier too. Be sure to visit our Facebook page and share your own tips on how you fuel your workouts with nutrition!