By: Avera Staff
Serve a dessert this holiday that is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, vegan AND paleo.
These Stovetop Cinnamon Sautéed Apples taste like a warm apple pie, but they come together in a fraction of the time and are SO much healthier!
3 apples about 3 cups, chopped*
2 TBS water
1 TBS coconut oil**
1 TBS maple syrup***
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Cut apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes).
2. Put apples pieces into a skillet with 2 TBS water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed.
3. Add 1 TBS of coconut oil to the skillet. Stir apples and oil together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft (you may need to cover them for the last 2 minutes).
4. Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
5. Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
6. Remove from heat and serve!
*You can choose whether or not you peel your apples (if I’m feeding them to a baby without teeth I always peel them)!
**Butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
***Any sweetener you’d like can be substituted for the maple syrup. I have used honey and granulated sugar with excellent results.
Laura. 2018. STOVETOP CINNAMON SAUTÉED APPLES. May 30. Accessed October 18, 2018. https://joyfoodsunshine.com/stovetop-cinnamon-apples/.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails